Posted on | December 29, 2012 | 1 Comment
Gangnam Style Angels:
What is better than blogging on a rainy Saturday Morning? Few things.
The New Era of Enlightenment is starting to feel just like regular old times again. I don’t know if this is a good thing or a bad thing…
But one thing I know is good: it’s SHANE’S Birthday!!! Or, I should say, it is Kate Moennig (who played Shane on the Showtime lesbodrama ‘The L Word’)'s Birthday. Because, though Kate is a Capricorn, Shane is definitely a Leo.
Remember when I used to do the L Word astrological break-down right here in the Oxtopux Diaxy?? God, that was FUN…
…and SCHECTER…what was her astrology? Mia Kirschner = AQUARIUS, but Jenny Schecter was a tiny, deadly SCORPION.
And ALICE? Leisha Hailey = CANCER, but Alice was a LIBRA all the way.
And Beals is a SAGITTARIUS, but I’m pretty sure Bette Porter was a TAURUS w/ Aries Rising.
Awww, I miss the L Word, though I no longer mourn it like I used to. Isn’t it weird that I fell for Shane right when Jenny Schecter did? All the previous seasons, Shane reminded me scarily of the hypothetical lovechild my brother & my cousin would have.
Then, halfway through Season 5 I wanted to commit incestuous acts w/ her…
And then she was gone. All of them dead, not just Schecter.
It was her bucktooth gaze that told me for sure that Shane was “family.” Not meat-family. Soul-family. Androgynous Saxon hormones family. Facilitator-not-participator family. She is the little Tomboy sister I never got to be. And she will always be Jake Pratt to me.
Anyways…that’s enough Seinfeldian nothingness re: The L Word.
Another happy occurrence this weeknd = Our 14 Year Anniversary of being Moon & Juliet. 14 YEARS, Angels!!! We live in our hedonist hobbit fantasy world another year & mark it with territorial exuberance.
We finally did our annual Tarot Reading & it was crystal clear in telling us that everything that scared us about last year’s reading is behind us. Yay!
*****So, since this is probably the last time I will see you Angels this year — and yes, I CAN see you — I will go ahead & commit to a New Year’s Resolution or Two:
1) To BE STRONG [this is the mantra I overhear at all hours of the day even whilst cleaning up cat litter. It's kinda vague---BE STRONG---but it seems important right now]
2) To sleep less, not more (remember in 2010 when my resolution was to sleep more & how disastrous that all got…?)
3) To figure out my value in the world (because I’ve always assumed it was 0)
4) To keep writing, though I feel like quitting. [try a new approach.]
5) To be a good blog emperor & resume artwork soon (I’ve been so busy lately, I have had less time than ever to be a blog emperor. And this is not good—I don’t ever want to be too busy to be a good blogger. That would be foolish.)
6) Resume auto-writing (gosh, I sure missed it in 2012)
7) Did I mention—BE STRONG. [?]
So… come & get me, ’13.